Monday, February 15, 2010

I aint no Alice

Why write a blog? Am I a literary narcissist, keeping my words and displaying them as if they have some profound meaning. Do I seek immortality as a chief aim as Achilles sought in Greek mythology? Do I write because I think my thoughts impart some higher wisdom to others? Maybe I write because I just want to constantly complain about the world around me.

I decided to start a blog with none of the above intentions. I write because words have always been my souls' outlet. I am writing this blog because I hope to leave my family, specifically my younger brothers, words by which they can learn from my insights and experiences. I write because a person very close to me once told me that as open as I might be, there is a part of myself that I shut off from others...maybe even from myself. It is through the writing process that I might reveal what I am hiding away. I hope to learn more about me. I write this for those in my life who wish to know me and my thoughts, through which they can understand what makes me tick.

While sounding cliche, I write this blog to write about life, love, longing, suffering, hope, pain, sadness, anger, and the occasional happiness. I write about the frivolous and the personally meaningful. I write for myself and for those who care to read. But if you read to judge, stop. Stop now, close your browser, do not read my words. I write not to be judged, so don't. I write to set my soul free. Let the adventure begin....

No comments:

Post a Comment