Tuesday, February 16, 2010

thoughts of death

This was an old old old poem. I think I wrote this in 2001. I wonder what was going on at the time?

Empty is my heart, my human heart
Filled with love and compassion,
Overflowing with good intentions
In these it will drown
Never wanting more that to give

Depression slowly consumes the mind
leading to the demise of my drowning heart
seeping ever so subtly into my thoughts.
Slow at first but like a giant wave overtaking me
Overwhelming my every cell
Raging screaming to end this slow death

Death of my being, to save me from this pain
Never realizing the sorrow they feel
like the predator in the dark of night
swiftly killing never flinching
Death are you my only way out?

It has no face, body, or breath
Death could be nothing more than unknown love
not being able to share kisses or hugs
no on to release my inner most
Death do you become more
are you inviting like a good host
Death is just a step away
around the corner in every day

No comments:

Post a Comment